STC Industries (Spiral Tool) is ISO 9001:2000 certified and in compliance with AS9000. The requirements of these quality systems state that, along with positive identification of lots, record keeping and quality documentation on our part, it is our responsibility to ensure that all our subcontractors keep the same level of documentation. In keeping with this, the following are requirements of all our subcontractors:
Lot Identification-all separate lots must be identified during processing as such, or kept separate to maintain integrity of lots.
- Right of Entry- STC and it’s customers must be allowed right of entry in order to evaluate and verify quality of work, records, materials used and the quality system itself.
- Specifications-All work must be in conformance with specifications referenced on the purchase order. All work must comply to ISO 9001:2000 to the extent necessary
- Approved sources– all work done for processes/finishes requiring customer approved sources must be done by an source approved by that customer for that process/finish.
- Records- all quality records pertinent to services rendered for STC must be kept on file for 7 years.
- Non Destructive Testing- unless otherwise specified on PO, all magnetic particle (magnaflux) and fluorescent penetrant inspection shall have MIL-STD-1907 Grade “A” as acceptance criteria.
- Rejects: in the event that parts sent for processing/finishing include non-destructive testing (NDT) and parts fail NDT, The subcontractor must notify STC of failure BEFORE proceeding further with processing/finishing.
- Packaging for return shipment- parts should be packed with bubble wrap, tissue paper or newspaper or other media which will secure parts from shipping damage. Cushioning and dunnage should surround products (IE. Interior walls including top and bottom should have cushioning material such as bunched up newspaper, kraft paper, or preferably bubble or foam wrap). Prior to release to shipping a “Shake” Test should be performed to detect any rattle, jingle or movement of any kind that will cause damage in transit due to insufficient packaging. All containers MUST be double boxed (i.e. Box inside a box). Shipment shall include packing slip. Quality documentation may be enclosed or may follow via mail or fax.
- Certifications: all raw materials supplied shall include mill certifications. All other products supplied shall be traceable to mill certifications. All vendor certifications must cite the specifications called out on STC purchase order (please contact STC Quality Control if this is a problem)
- Expediting: All STC purchase orders shall be monitored periodically for progress status. The subcontractor must provide prompt responses to status requests.
- Quantity variation: Variation in quantity for purchased items shall not be acceptable without prior authorization.
- In accepting purchase order from Spiral Tool (STC), you agree to perform the work as described and agree to liability for damages incurred to STC property.
- For material and product suppliers: Each line item must have as it’s source a single traceable lot. Line items received from multiple lots without written approval from STC may be cause for rejection at the discretion of STC.
- For suppliers of services (processors/finishers): In the event that parts received by you are damaged (evidence of corrosion, rust, or nicks) or packaging is damaged, STC must be notified before proceeding with work.
With over 40 years experience in CNC machining, you need accept no substitute for experience. STC supports customer requirements and critical schedules.
Any questions regarding the above requirements should be directed to the QC Manager at STC.